We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and accept applications exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges.
Our review process is highly selective. To facilitate this review, we strongly encourage you to:
- Provide a personal statement that clearly states your goals for training and explains your reasons for applying to WFM
- Assign three letters of recommendation
- Ensure your application is fully completed and assigned to us for download on opening day (interview slots often fill before late applications are reviewed)
Based on a holistic review, we invite applicants for our in-person or virtual interview experiences and encourage spouses and significant others to attend.
Interviews begin within one week after application download day. While most interview slots are filled quickly, we reserve a select number for delayed invitations and maintain an active waitlist.
If you ever have a question during the application and invitation process, we encourage you to contact us.
Please be aware that with the volume of applications we receive, few international applicants will receive an interview invitation.
Applicants must meet all five of the following criteria without exception:
- Graduated from medical school in the last five years.
- Passed the USMLE part 1 (220 or greater) and part 2 (230 or greater) on the first attempt.
- Application accepted only through ERAS and the NRMP.
- US citizen or permanent resident preferred. We do not sponsor visas.
- Must be ECFMG certified with a degree from a school on the Texas list of Substantial Equivalence of Education. (More complete information may be found on the Texas Medical Board website, under Quick Links—Before you Apply.)